Stephanie Hoogveld September 16, 2015
Completed Secondary Schooling or additional training:
- Sc Mathematics, University of Calgary
- Ed Secondary Education, University of Calgary
- Professional Artist: stephaniehoogveld.com
Top 3 career related and/or volunteer experiences you are most proud of:
- Working at the Edge!
- Co-Founder of The Sky Painters, a charity created in memory of my mom. Our mission is to paint “Skies of Hope” to help those impacted by cancer. All donations will go to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada. theskypainters.com
- Selected as “Best New Artist” in the Calgary Stampede Western Art Showcase
- Selected to complete the artwork for the 2014 Calgary Stampede Lottery Dream Home
- Donating artwork to support organizations that aim to create positive change. (The Edge School for Athletes, The Michaelle Jean Foundation, The Alberta Cancer Foundation, Soccer4Hope)
Why did you choose this career?
My greatest mentors include my parents, coaches and teachers. These individuals helped me develop my core values, and most importantly they taught me how to respect people and the environment around me. My goal as a teacher and an artist is to inspire and motivate others to; make positive changes in their communities, to think independently and creatively, to appreciate the simple things in life, to always stay young at heart and to be open to the new and unknown. I became a teacher because working with youth is fun, challenging and always rewarding. I want to make the same impact that my mentors made on me.
Special Achievements/Jobs in your field: Launching an Art Program at Edge
What athletics did you participate in/are you participating in (player/coach/volunteer/other):
- Currently play for the Calgary Foothills WFC Soccer team.
- Completed 5 years with the University of Calgary Dinos Women’s Soccer program
- Played Semi-Professional Soccer in Sweden
- Captained the Alberta Provincial Soccer Team for 4 years
Favourite Sport: Soccer
Favourite book: Life of Pi
What’s on you ipod? Absolutely Everything! But I have a soft spot for country!
“All who enter your life, find one good thing. For one good thing will bring life to all.” Unknown
“Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.” Albert Einstein
“Enter ye in at the straight gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way that leadeth to destruction, and any there be which go in thereat. Because straight is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” Matthew 7:13-14