Our Hockey Skill Academy is an exciting skill development program open to both boys and girls from Grades 5 through 12. On average, students are on the ice three times a week developing their hockey skills. Under the guidance of professional coaches and a goal-tending instructor, they work on skating techniques, puck control, shooting, defensive play and creativity.
The SKILL ACADEMY will consist of:
- 3 on-ice training sessions per week (approx. 6hrs/week)
- 2 Dry-land hockey-specific Strength and Conditioning sessions at the Duckett Performance Centre per week
- Concurrently, Senior High student-athletes will be working towards attaining their high school diploma in our University preparatory program
Full access to on-site health services
In-house HEALTH SERVICES* include:
- Sport counselling with renowned mental training coach Dr. Matt Brown
- Sport therapy and physiotherapy services
- Nutrition counselling and in-house nutritional options- to reinforce the nutritional principles taught in high performance training
*at an additional cost
Edge is committed to the purposeful integration of excellence in academics, athletics and character-building. At the end of each term, students are evaluated for their on-ice skills, effort and practice habits. They are assessed using appropriate skills standard and testing programs and scouted for participation in Edge’s Hockey Team Program.