Edge School for Athletes, founded in 1999, moved into our new permanent campus in Springbank, on the west end of Calgary, Alberta in Fall 2008. This facility is the result of dedication, hard work and sponsorship of the Edge Community. Edge School students and the local community use daily our 170,000 square foot facility situated on 35 acres of prime land. The facility includes extensive academic amenities and a state-of-the-art sports complex.
In September 2010, we opened our first Edge program outside of the Calgary area – launching Edge School Skill Academy Grande Prairie and in 2011 Edge School Skill Academy Fort McMurray opened for student-athletes in Grades 4 to 12.
Our Calgary location offers almost 60,000 square feet of academic space, spread over two floors, is designed to accommodate upwards of 400 students. This includes well-equipped classrooms and science labs, Boyce Family Centre of Excellence (learning commons) and a lecture theatre/computer lab. Edge School has teamed up with The Main Dish to deliver outstanding food services, prepared in our fully-equipped kitchen and served in our spacious dining hall.
The Jim Davidson Sports Complex is a world-class athletic, recreational and community-use facility made possible by the generous contributions of Calgary’s community leaders and philanthropists. Inside and outside this 90,000 square foot complex you will find:
- Two NHL-sized arenas – with large hockey dressing rooms
- ATB Investor Services Founders & Alumni Lounge
- G2 double gymnasium with 2 NBA-sized courts
- Duckett Performance Centre, a high-performance training centre with a Mondo® training track
- Two professional dance studios
- Forzani Charities Golf Centre – with putting green and golf simulator
- Edge Sports Therapy Clinic in partnership with Lifemark Physiotherapy
- Outdoor soccer / rugby field and running track
- Outdoor putting green
- Performance stage
While used by Edge student-athletes and staff during school hours, the athletic amenities are available for community-use during prime time hours.
For Dance Studio and/or Stage bookings, please contact Shannon Pierce.